The main activity areas of AREANATejo are:
- Energy Efficiency (AudiCoBT - Commercial Audits to Energy Consumption Contracts; SEMALEDs - LEDs for Traffic Lights; ILUPub - Improvement of Public Lighting Energy Efficiency; AuditEnER - Energy Diagnosis; RePECEE - Network for Electricity Efficiency)
- Renewable Energies (EoloNAMT - Wind Energy; SolaNAMT - Photovoltaic Solar Energy; SolAcqua - Thermal Solar Energy)
- Resources Management (AuditAcqua - Water Consumption Audits; TURGreen - Environmental Friendly Tourism; ECOnstroi - Ecological Construction; MEKUS - e-learning platform on environmental education; PeSCoS - Personalised Sustainability Coaching for SME; ALTERCEXA - Cross-border Cooperation on Renewable Energies)
- Ecological Footprint (CO2Zero - Neutral CO2 Region; SGAmbi - Environmental Best Practices)
- Environmental Education
- Events and Training Actions
The main goal of the agency is to endeavour to achieve a neutral CO2 region. Thus, it has the mission to promote and develop activities that contribute to a major energy efficiency and a major use of endogenous resources, to develop projects and methods for a rational use of energy and resources and to disseminate best available techniques and procedures aiming to promote a local sustainable development.