ULB - Université Libre de Bruxelles
The research undertaken deals mainly with the following areas :
- a study of mobility and its impact (atmospheric pollution, noise and energy consumption)
- the cost of damage to the environment and health (externalities)
- a mobility metadata bank
- cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analyses
- management tools (EMAS and LCA)
- financial and economic instruments (subsidies; permits)
- indicators of sustainable development
These studies meet two principal objectives; on the one hand they assist the decision-takers to work out environmental policies in a present or future economic and social context and, on the other, they contribute to fundamental research into relations between the economy and the environment.
A large part of the research carried out at the CEESE takes place on the basis of networks (the European Research 5th Framework Programme, CEN/ISS, COST) or/and in partnership with other Belgian and European universities.
Areas of expertise: external costs, cost-benefits and cost-effectiveness analysis, ecoscore, LCA, green certificates, flexible mechanism and emission credits,
Target audience: all