Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland - Headquarters
Year created: n.a. No of staff:
Sources of Funding
|20% - European|
|80% - National|
This includes implementing significant aspects of the Energy White Paper: "Delivering a Sustainable Energy Future for Ireland" and the National Climate Change Strategy (2007-2012) as provided for in the National Development Plan (2007-2013) such as:
- improving energy efficiency
- advancing the development and competitive deployment of renewable sources of energy and combined heat and power
- reducing the environmental impact of energy production and use, particularly in respect of greenhouse gas emissions.
SEI is also responsible for:
- advising Government on policies and measures on sustainable energy;
- implementing programmes agreed by Government;
- stimulating sustainable energy policies and actions by public bodies, the business sector, local communities and individual consumers.