CJP - Centre forr Jatropha Promotion & Biodiesel
Year created: 2004 No of staff: 7
Sources of Funding
|10% - National|
|40% - Regional|
|50% - Local|
- Establishment of perennial oil-bearing plants (Jatropha curcas L.) on marginal lands and field boundaries.
- Effective utilisation of plant parts, oil and oil cakes at domestic, farm, village and commercial scales to stimulate a demand for the resources and related technology.
- Introduction of engine driven oil expelling and related technology fuelled on the seed oil of Jatropha curcas L. as a pilot/ demonstration plant.
- Marketing and the establishment of rural enterprise.
- Evaluation of the potential of other oil bearing flora as fuels.
- To reduce the dependence of the Indian economy on imported oils, fuels.
- To mitigate carbon dioxide emissions.
- To be the leading producer feedstock for Biodiesel and empowering rural communities for growing energy solutions
- To empower rural communities out of Poverty through commercial, renewable and sustainable Agro-forestry assets
- Promotion and development of jatropha for rural farmers for fuel and food
Areas of expertise: premier cultivator and promoter of jatropha plants for future fuel and farmers well being.
Target audience: Rural farmers, rural communities, women, rural enterprises.