CATSE - Center of Appropriate Technology and Social Ecology
Year created: 1979 No of staff: 20
Sources of Funding
|15% - Private|
|85% - In-house|
- Research, development and engineering for appropriate technologies for clean combustion, CHP, H&C and polygeneration of biomass.
- Medium to small distributed generation.
- Innovation, P+D and international development cooperation in solar thermal heating, cooling, drying and desalination.
- Revitalisation and ecopower-certification in small hydropower.
- Member of BRENET (Swiss Building and Renewable Energy Competence Network).
Areas of expertise:
- CHP, H&C, biomass combustion systems and heatings: development, testing, emission and efficiency measurement, re-engineering, simulation
- Solar thermal: development cooperation, innovations, testing and monitoring
- Dissemination of information, Energy auditing and ecopower certification.
- Simulation of wood-heaters in buildings.
- General consultancy in bioenergy and building technology.
- Educational programs for Energy Awareness (Experience-days for kids and similar).
- SME and Industry in energy and building sector
- Public sector in Education, Formation, Science and Technology