Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik
The Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik (REAP) was legally established in June 2005 as a non-profit association under the statutes of Bulgarian Law, and confirmed with the autonomy requirement of Intelligent Energy - Europe (IEE) guidelines. The main purpose of REAP is to encourage the development of sustainable energy through local and regional actions for energy efficiency and renewable energy sources. The Agency offers support to local entities and citizens regarding introduction of EE and RES projects and measures, as well as development of a range of initiatives with other local, regional and foreign organizations. Among main priorities of REAP are: EE and RES projects identification and development, energy efficiency in buildings, development of sustainable energy communities, EE and RES in SMEs.
REAP is an active member of:
- The Association of Bulgarian Energy Agencies (ABEA)
- EE and RES Committee of the Pazardjik Regional Administration
Main activities of REAP:
- To perform common energy audits of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), and buildings;
- Promotion of energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies, policies and practices at local level;
- Dissemination of best European practices in the area of rational energy use and implementation of RES;
- To encourage international programs that focus on the financing and marketing of projects which emphasize on energy efficiency;
- Development, implementation and financing of energy efficiency projects under the third party financing schemes;
- Ensuring information and training in the area of energy efficiency and RES.