Sofia Energy Centre Ltd
Year created: 1997 No of staff: 10
Sources of Funding
|30% - European|
|70% - In-house|
Sofia Energy Centre follows the policy of the EU for promotion and implementation of new energy technologies for a more efficient and clean energy use at local, regional and national level aiming to reach sustainable development.
Areas of expertise:
- Energy efficiency in buildings: energy audits, social housings, LCA and LCC, innovative concepts and technologies, finanacial schemes, changing citizen's behaviour;
- Energy efficiency in industry: CHP, horizontal energy technologies, energy efficiency of DH systems, energy assessments;
- Clean technologies for fossil fuels;
- Solar energy: solar collectors and PV;
- Biomass/Bio-fuels: potential of different types of biomass, promotion of production and use of pellets and bio-fuels;
- Hydro and wind energy;
- Financing schemes;
- Energy policy and planning and
- Municipal initiatives.
- Professionals from energy sector;
- Professionals from building sector;
- Local and regional authorities;
- Universities and
- End users.