- Use of the local new and renewable energy sources like oil shale, uranium, wind, energy, solar energy, biomass and geothermal to increase their contribution to satisfy the country's energy needs.
- To improve methods, incentives and advisory services of efficient energy use to decrease total energy cost on the national level and to protect the environment.
- Manage and operate laboratories, units and research and experimental stations to develop and use new and renewable energy sources and sell produced energy by these stations to the concerned parties.
- Hold training courses, seminars and workshops to enhance and develop local technical qualifications and experiences necessary for the use of new and renewable energies.
- Collaborate with local, regional and international parties to enhance the abilities of the Center in order to attain the center's desired goals.
- Establish energy data bank to help in research studies and connect it to the national information database and any other local and foreign institutions of similar goals to those of the Center.
Areas of expertise: contract R&D, training, maintenance, pilot/demonstration projects, testing and onsite monotoring.