Castellon County Council
- To promote the socio-economic development of the municipalities of Castellón.
- To provide the municipalities with different services.
- To administer and promote provincial interests.
- To provide technical help to all the municipalities, especially those with fewer resources.
- To promote public supramunicipal services.
Areas of expertise: The Department which will be involved in the project is the Internal Engineering Unit, which is a section of the Technical Department of Castellón County Council. This unit is in charge of the following duties:
- Maintenance of the different installations of Castellón County Council ( in all the buildings: administrative, socio-cultural, farming and cultural buildings):
- Electrical installations(medium and low tension);
- Gas installations;
- Hydraulic installations;
- Thermal (air-conditioning, central heating, etc).
- To provide technical assistance to the municipalities of the province with a population under 5000 inhabitants, with regard to the above-mentioned installations.
Target audience: The province of Castellón is located in the East coast of Spain and is made up by a total of 135 municipalities. Finally, since last year Castellón County Council is working as partner in a project regarding renewable energy called RURALSOL and financed by INTERREG III B SUDOE. The main objective of this project is to restore using bioclimatic architecture a provincial building which will work as a Local Energy Agency.