The goals of the Institut für Solare Energieversorgungstechnik e.V. (ISET) are to promote and execute applied research and pre-industrial development in the area of renewable energy sources, efficient use of energy and water treatment. These include:
- the acquisition of knowledge for designing environmentally friendly energy systems,
- the develpoment of methods and procedures for designing and controlling solar energy supply systems,
- the investigation and improvement of process control and energy supply in the field of water treatment,
- the support of Know-how transfer between research and industrial applications,
- the design of courses for engineering students in cooperation with universities, research institutes and industry.
ISET performs applied research for the integration of renewable energies into the electricity supply.
Areas of expertise include:
- distributed generation of power
- electrical engineering
- power electronics
- isolated grids
- wind energy
- hybrid systems
Target audience: manufacturers, utilities, governmental bodies.