The Regione Autonoma Valle d'Aosta (Autonomous Region of the Aosta Valley) approved the constitution of the Centro di osservazione avanzato sulle energie di flusso e sull'energia di rete
with deliberation n. 1343 of 18 May 2007. The "Centro" is responsible for a series of activities including:
- proposals for initiatives and concrete applications of the regional laws in the energy field;
- collection and organisation of necessary data to update the regional energy balance and the existing environmental-energy plan;
- identification of actions and priority areas for the application of the plan in order to guarantee significant results in the short-medium term;
- constitution of an information desk;
- dissemination of information regarding RES and RUE to all levels of the community and training for schools, professionals and municipal technicians.