Federación Empresarial Metalúrgica Valenciana
Valencia Employer's Federation of the Metal Sector
Year created: 1977 No of staff: 50
Sources of Funding
|100% - Private|
FEMEVAL, the Valencia Employer’s Federation of the Metal Sector is a NPO organization that represents the companies of the metal mechanic sector of Valencia. Nowadays, more than 4,000 companies make up FEMEVAL, most of them SMEs, belonging to the metal industry, trade and service sectors. The Metal sector represents 12.9% of the GDP and employs about 220.000 people in the Valencia Region. FEMEVAL has an average of 50 workers in its headquarters in Valencia and its Training Centre in Alaquas, located 10 km away from Valencia in the industrial area of the city.
FEMEVAL is made up of 37 Sub-sector associations that represent the following activities of the Metal Sector:
- Energy: RES Technologies, Consulting & services, Energy Efficiency.
- Technical Installation: Air conditioning, Fire prevention, Elevators, Irrigation, Plumbing, Gas, Electricity, Structures.
- ICTs: Hardware, Software, Automatism, Domotic.
- Warehousing: Industrial supplies, Spare parts, Aluminium, Iron/Steel.
- Retail: Car dealer & Car repair, Domestic appliances, Hardware stores.
- Electric/Electronic: I.T. supplies, Electric components, Automatism.
- Materials & Process: Machinery, Metallurgy, Metal coating, Die & casting.
- Consume & Goods: Toys, Kitchenware, Watches, Jewellery.
- Health Care: Surgical equipment, Medical equipment, Surgical aids (orthopedics), Optical instruments.
- Transport: Signalitics, Shipyards, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive.
- Habitat: Doors, Windows, Fittings, Lighting.
FEMEVAL puts forward ideas, defends and represents the interests of the associated companies dealing with the public sector, social partners and other agencies and institutions.
FEMEVAL moreover provides to the associated companies the best advice in the development of their activities in the following areas:
- Innovation, technology and internationalization: promotion of the participation in innovative projects, advising in innovation and access to grants, trade visits, market research, call for tenders, etc.
- Sustainability, strategic management, energy and health & safety at work: evaluations and audits, management systems set-up in quality, environment, labour risks prevention, corporate social responsibility (CSR), technical advice on regulation, industrial regulation and access to grants, etc.
- Training for managers and staff of the metal sector: life-long general and/or specific sub-sector training, in-company tailor-made training, access to professional certifications, etc.
- Human resources and employment: collective bargaining, advising and labour management, work placement services (filling job vacancies and personnel recruitment), etc.
- Projects: follow up of calls for proposals, partner search, proposals drafting, development of actions and projects at local, national and international level.
- Facilitates access to different services with favourable conditions (insurance, communication, etc.) by means of agreements with different entities, or through FEMEVAL’s own common purchasing office.
- Spreads information of interest for the companies, paying special attention to the programs focused on SMEs. With this aim, we have dissemination channels at our disposal such as the FEMEVAL website, FEMEVAL TV, Newsletters, press releases, presence in all kind of metal related events, etc.
- Boosts cooperation within the metal sector through a wide range of activities. Among them, a quarterly report of the metal-mechanical sector situation. The report includes indicators of the productive activity of the sector, mid-term expectations, evolution of sales, index of prices, main exports and destinations, etc.