Европейсько-українське енргетичне агентство
European-Ukrainian Energy Agency
Year created: 2009 No of staff: 5
Sources of Funding
|100% - Private|
The European Ukrainian Energy Agency is a non-profit Association established in Kyiv, Ukraine on 2 November 2009. EUEA is meant to become a platform for representatives from politics, economy and science as well as financial service providers and consulting companies in Ukraine and Europe. The objective is to contribute to informational exchange, combine demand and supply in all spheres of renewable energy and energy conservation technologies, provide support by legislative initiatives and become a central contact partner for energy related issues in Ukraine. As a result, EUEA wants to make a contribution to an ecological and consistent energy policy in Ukraine.
EUEA will start by concentrating its efforts in those areas, which to its mind are among the most important ones:
- Energy efficiency in buildings - Green / Passive house technology, energy passport for buildings;
- Energy saving contracting system that will allow management of public and private facilities and heat supplying companies by the third party, with the goal to make usage or production of energy more efficient, where the remuneration of the operator is based on savings only;
- Amendments to the Land Codex for stimulation of wind energy projects.
Among other things EUEA aims to make a contribution to following areas:
- Energy Strategy for Ukraine;
- (European) network integration - joint actions of network operators and energy producers;
- Fair competition of energy producers (energy exchange market!?);
- Network Access for "green electric energy";
- Network access and tariff regulation for biogas;
- Adaptation of Ukrainian energy strategy and energy policy to European standards;
- Stimulation of joint projects in terms of the "Renewable Energies Directive";
- Stimulation of and support for projects under Kyoto Protocol ("Joint Implementation").