Power-Link, Universiteit Gent
Power-Link, Ghent University
Year created: 2008 No of staff: 12
Sources of Funding
|40% - European|
|40% - National|
|10% - Regional|
|10% - In-house|
As a knowledge partner, Power-Link and its partnering university colleges aim at maturing into a subregional scientific platform. Power-Link provides a central service on green energy technologies and encourages rational, reduced alternative energy use.
As a network partner, Power-Link interacts with the innovative and creative move of the new production and consumption energy market and, moreover, creates a research platform with an own clean tech environment, i.e. the Greenbridge science park.
Power-Link was accepted as an energy competence centre by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), an instrument offering financial support with the aim of improving convergence, strengthening competitiveness, creating employment and increasing sustainable internal cohesion.
Many different research projects have been started by the energy knowledge platform Power-LinkOn the CO2-neutral Greenbridge Science Park:
- Implementation of innovative sustainable energy sources and their interaction with the distribution net, IWT TETRA, 01/10/07 - 30/09/09;
- Recycling of residual heat via an organic Rankine Cycle in applications of renewable energy, IWT TETRA, 01/10/07 - 30/09/09;
- Mie Energy, EWI, 01/03/08 - 31/12/10;
- Feasibility study of a low cost photo bioreactor for the culture of microalgae, IWT O&O, 01/01/08 - 31/12/09;
- Lipid-based, high value products and renewable energy from microalgae, IWT SBO, 01/02/09 -31/01/13;
- Hydrogen Region Flanders - South-Netherlands, EFRO Interreg IV, 01/06/09 - 31/05/12; Power-Link functions as the single point of contact for hydrogen matters in the province of WestFlanders.