Latvian Academy of Sciences
- energy-environment interactions
- energy-environmental policy studies
- pricing and tariffs in the energy sector
- energy efficiency improvement and energy conservation programmes
- problems of the use of renewable and domestic (biomass, peat) energy resources
Integration of the technologies directed towards rational use of energy to ensure sustainable development of the energy sector in Latvia and optimisation of the Latvian heat energy production and consumption systems are given special attention in the research work of the institute.