Renewable Energy House Study Tour (Mar 2006)
View the Video (11 min)
The European Renewable Energy Council (EREC) is an umbrella organisation of the leading European renewable energy industry and research associations active in the sectors of photovoltaic, wind, small hydropower, biomass and solar thermal:
- AEBIOM - European Biomass Association
- EGEC - European Geothermal Energy Council
- EPIA (European Photovoltaic Industry Association)
- ESHA (European Small Hydropower Association)
- ESTIF (European Solar Thermal Industry Federation)
- EUBIA (European Biomass Industry Association)
- EUREC (Agency (European Association of Renewable Energy Research Centers)
- EWEA (European Wind Energy Association)
The mandate of EREC is:
- To provide information and training on renewable energy sources.
- To provide information and consultancy on renewable energies for the political decision- makers on a local, regional, national and international level.
- To publish information material (brochures, didactic material, manuals, etc.) on renewable energy sources.
- To encourage studies on the economics, techniques and feasibility in the field of renewable energy sources for the member associations, external organisations, as well as public and private institutions.
- To co-operate with renewable energy organisations from all over the world.
- To promote European exports of equipment and products, and promote the industrial protection of European renewable energy technologies on global markets.
- To strengthen export initiatives and promote trade, while generally assisting the associations, the federation members of EREC and the renewable energy world.