EUBIA, The European Biomass Industry Association was established in Brussels in 1996 as an international non-profit association.
- Promote bioenergy activities at small, medium and large scale in collaboration with local authorities, agriculture organisations, local partners and industries
- Promote modern, efficient, environmental sound and commercial bioenergy schemes, technologies, products and markets
- Promote international co-operation in bioenergy
- Promote education and training activity in bioenergy
- Promote innovative concepts and technologies
- Identify modern concepts, commercial technologies and biomass resources, able to penetrate local energy industrial markets
- Develop synergies in European industry in view of coming markets
- Provide assistance for technology and know-how transfer, establishment of joint ventures etc.
- Elaborate co-operation schemes with third countries and promote export
- Advice the European Institutions in Brussels on European strategies for bioenergy
Given that biomass will have an important role to play in promoting sustainable development world wide and the deployment of clean energies, EUBIA intends to contribute in strengthening European policies in this sector, protecting industrial interest, identifying new opportunities, promoting job creation and better environment conditions.
EUBIA is a member of EREC (European Renewable Energy Council) - an umbrella organisation of the leading European renewable energy industry and research associations.