FEWE - The Polish Foundation for Energy Efficiency
The Polish Foundation for Energy Efficiency (FEWE) is an independent, non-profit, environmental non-governmental organisation created in the beginning of 1991. FEWE concentrates its activities on:
- Studies of aspects of the global economy that influence the situation in Poland.
- Studies and analyses to support energy efficiency nationally, regionally and on a local scale.
- Support for entrepreneurship, including joint ventures with foreign companies as well as transfer of energy efficient materials, technologies and know-how.
- Training, consulting and the implementation of demonstration and pilot projects.
- Public education.
On the research and education side FEWE co-operates closely with the University of Mining and Metallurgy in Krakow, notably with the Faculty of fuels and Energy.
FEWE aims to contribute to economic growth and environmental protection.
Areas of expertise include:
- Dissemination of information
- Energy Auditing
- Biomass energy
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Energy efficiency in industrial processes
- Energy planning on regional and local level.
Target audience: Regional/Voivoships Authority; Local Authorities; Central Goverment; Industry; Environmental Funds.