Energy agencies – activities
Local and regional players, whether energy producers or consumers, equipment suppliers or users, can find a range of services at their local or regional energy agency. Click here to find out what local and regional energy agencies do (LINK).
Energy agencies advise local authorities on all aspects of energy, as well as providing technical assistance in the design of energy projects and the distribution of public information. These agencies support local development by acting as an intermediary between the local/regional authority and local/regional players in the energy market.
From a European perspective, local and regional energy agencies (LAREAs) also:
- Act as a local contact point between European networks and local institutions
- behaviour, creating stable local jobs, and attracting investments
- Contribute to the transfer of know-how and best practices from all over Europe to the local level
- Contribute to achieving the EU 2020 energy targets at local level
- Represent local authorities inEurope
You can find more examples in the Resources section.