Intelligent Energy - Europe 2007-2013
On 31 March 2009, the European Commission published the 2009 call for project proposals which contribute to a wider spread of energy efficiency practices and to a greater use of renewable energy sources under the Intelligent Energy – Europe funding programme. Overall €65 million will be available to fund projects which can help deliver a cleaner, more secure and sustainable energy future for Europe while fighting climate change.
The projects funded under the Intelligent Energy – Europe programme are designed to help achieve the key climate change and energy targets that the EU has set for itself by 2020. Running for two to three years, each project should involve at least three partners from three different countries and may receive funding covering up to 75% of its eligible costs.
The call is open to any public or private organisation established in the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Croatia. Hardware-type investments and research and development projects are not supported under this funding scheme.
The main funding areas of the 2009 call are:
- Energy efficiency and the rational use of energy: Including the implementation of long-lasting training schemes for the building workforce, and actions aimed at making residential buildings more efficient and transforming the market for energy-efficient products.
- New and renewable energy sources: Including the use of renewable energies for electricity generation, heating and cooling, bio-fuels, and the deployment of renewable energies in buildings.
- Energy use in transport: Including the use of alternative fuels and clean vehicles, the wider spread of energy-efficient transport practices and the build up of know-how in local and regional agencies in the area of sustainable mobility.
- Integrated initiatives: Including the creation of sustainable energy communities, the support of bio-business (e.g. bio-mass, bio-energy), the development of energy services, and the provision of intelligent energy education.
The 2009 call for project proposals opened at the beginning of April 2009 and closes on 25 June 2009 at 17:00.
- The full call text including information on how to apply is available on the Intelligent Energy – Europe website at: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/call_for_proposals/index_en.htm
- A memo with information on the projects selected for funding under the previous call for proposals may be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/doc/2009_IEE_memo.pdf
- You can find partners for your projects in the Partner Search section of this website.
View all the speeches from the Intelligent Energy - Europe Info Day 2009 held on 12 February 2009.
With a total budget of €730 million, the Intelligent Energy - Europe Programme aims to increase use of renewable energy and reduced energy consumption by supporting energy efficiency, new and renewable energy sources, and technological solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions caused by the transport sector.