Interreg III 2000-2006
INTERREG is a Community initiative which aims to stimulate interregional cooperation in the EU. It is financed under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The current phase of the initiative, INTERREG III (2000-2006), is designed to strengthen economic and social cohesion throughout the EU, by fostering the balanced development of the continent through cross-border, transnational and interregional cooperation. Special emphasis has been placed on integrating remote regions and those which share external borders with the candidate countries.
Strand A, which focuses on Cross-border cooperation between adjacent regions, aims to develop cross-border social and economic centres through common development strategies.
Priorities include measures for environmental protection, improving energy efficiency and renewable energy sources.
- 2007-06-15 EU Funding Opportunities in Brief - Energy, Environment, Sustainable Development
- 2006-05-03 Target 2 - promoting travel alternatives to private car use
- 2007-08-30 Sustainable Regions and Municipalities 2007 - 8-10 May 2007, Växjö, Sweden
- 2007-10-18 EDEN - Energy education
- 2008-08-21 BUSTRIP - Baltic Urban Sustainable Transport Implementation and Planning
TGZ - Technologie- und Gründerzentrum Bautzen GmbH
Bautzen Innovation Centre