ManagEnergy Sectoral Information Kit 12: Biomass and Biofuels
The European Union has reassessed its energy policies in recent years in the face of rising greenhouse gas emissions, high prices for traditional fuels and over-reliance on imports from volatile parts of the world. Growing concerns over climate change and the security of energy supplies have underlined the need for alternative energy sources.
This information kit will provide you with information on:
- What is the EU doing: Main policies, funding and initiatives.
- Biomass and biofuels at a glance
- Applications of biomass and biofuels
- Good practice: fossil fuel free Kristianstad (Sweden)
- Bioenergy and sustainable local development
- Good practice: Cultivation of energy crops - A chance for development in the rural areas of Podlaskie Voivodship (Poland)
- Local and regional energy actors and bioenergies
Download the sectoral information kit: