After the first successful learning cycle where mentors from around Europe shared how they have implemented innovative financing schemes in their municipalities or regions, PROSPECT+ now opens the application for a new round of mentors.
Has your city or region implemented sustainable energy and climate actions by using innovative financing schemes? Share your experience with your peers, support the energy transition in Europe, and gain visibility for your municipality or region!
Join the PROSPECT+ mentor’s team by submitting your application today.
Do you have proven experience in innovative financing instruments for the energy action plans in your region?
By innovative financing schemes, PROSPECT+ refers to non-traditional ways of raising funds and facilitating sustainable energy and climate investments including:
- Citizens Finance (crowdfunding and cooperatives),
- Internal Contracting (intracting),
- Green Bonds (local governments or their agencies can issue green bonds to fund their sustainable energy and climate actions),
- Guarantee Funds (loan guarantees provided to lenders which serve as buffers against first losses of non-payment by the borrowers),
- Soft Loans (loans below market rates and with longer payback periods derived from public funding to facilitate investments),
- Revolving Funds (established to finance a continuing cycle of investments through initial amounts received from its shareholders),
- Third Party Financing (debt financing where project financing comes from a third party, e.g. ESCO which is not the user or customer),
- Energy Performance Contracting (EPC).
If you work for a local/regional authority or an energy agency from one of the 44 eligible countries1, PROSPECT+ invites you to apply as a mentor to the second cycle of the Capacity-Building Programme in one of these thematic areas:
- public buildings,
- private buildings,
- public lighting,
Get inspired by the replicable practices on innovative financing schemes for energy efficiency and climate adaptation we’ve collected for you!
Apply until 15 July, showcase your achievements and build connections with peers around Europe!
1 Eligible countries are EU-27 and the United Kingdom + H2020 associated countries: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.